25 May 2018
The protection of your personal data is of particular concern to us. We therefore process your data exclusively on the basis of the legal regulations (DSGVO). In this data protection information we inform you about the most important aspects of data processing within the framework of our website.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (for example, name, address, telephone number, date of birth or e-mail address). Personal data is only processed by us to the extent necessary. Which data is required and processed, for what purpose and on what basis, is largely determined by the type of service you use or the purpose for which it is required. The use of certain online offers may require the provision of personal data, for example, participation in a quiz, a competition or a survey. We have taken technical and organisational measures to ensure that the regulations on data protection are observed both by us and by our external service providers. Personal data is processed in accordance with the European Data Protection Basic Regulation (EU DSGVO).
In principle, you can use our online offer without providing personal data. Personal data is therefore not processed in principle, but only under certain circumstances and for the purposes specified in each case.
What data do we store?
Anonymous data collection
When you access our website, our web servers automatically collect information of a general nature:
- Date and time of access (time stamp), as well as the IP address of the accessing device or server
- Request details and destination address (protocol version, HTTP method, referrer, UserAgent string),
- Name of the retrieved file and transferred data volume (requested URL incl. query string, size in bytes) and
- Message whether the retrieval was successful (HTTP Status Code).
We evaluate this data only for statistical purposes and only in anonymised and aggregated form to optimise our website, to increase user-friendliness, effectiveness and security. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer needed to fulfil the task. This data is only transferred to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or if the transfer is necessary for legal or criminal prosecution in the event of attacks on this service.
We use so-called "cookies" at various points in our service. Cookies are small text files that are stored by the web browser on your computer or mobile device. Some cookies expire when you end your internet session, others are stored for a certain period of time. Only cookies that are necessary for technical reasons and to fulfil the service are stored.
In principle, no personal data are required to use this service. In certain cases, however, we process personal data that you explicitly provide us with for a specific purpose and in which we have a "legitimate interest" in fulfilling the order.
- E-mail form for sending your e-mail for the purpose of contacting you (e.g. participation in a competition, request for further information), Quiz, Surveys
- The data will only be processed by us for the purpose stated in each case and will only be stored for as long as this is necessary for the respective purpose or within the legally applicable retention periods (e.g. for contacting).
Your data will not be linked with other data sets or used to create personal profiles. Your data will only and exclusively be passed on to third parties for the respective purpose, if this is necessary to fulfil the service (e.g. passing on the data to the competition organizer). In addition, data may be transferred to third parties if we should be obliged to do so by law or by enforceable official or court order.
The provision of data is voluntary and not required for the basic use of the service.
If individual pages of our website are called up, the following data is stored:
- two bytes of the IP address of the calling system of the user (anonymous)
- the accessed website - the website from which the user accessed the accessed website (referrer)
- the sub-pages that are called up from the called up web page
- the time spent on the website
- the frequency of access to the website
- Playing videos
- Actions on the videos (play, pause, seek)
This service does not use social plugins (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest, Instagram, Whatsapp). All functionalities concerning the use of social media are handled via external links. In concrete terms this means: If you merely consume the content on our site, no data is transmitted to social networks. However, if you share content on this site by clicking on the respective icon of a social media provider, an external link (see below) to the respective provider will be called up.
If you use external links that are offered within the framework of our Internet pages, this data protection declaration does not extend to these links. If we offer links, we make every effort to ensure that these also comply with our data protection and security standards. However, we have no influence on the compliance with data protection and security regulations by other providers. Therefore, please inform yourself on the websites of the respective providers about the data protection declarations provided there as well.
Rights of affected persons
As a user of this service you have the following rights
- a) Right to information The right of access gives the data subject a full insight into the data concerning him or her and some other important criteria such as the purposes of processing or the duration of storage.
- b) Right of rectification The right of rectification includes the possibility for the data subject to have incorrect personal data concerning him corrected.
- c) Right of deletion The right to deletion includes the possibility for the person concerned to have data deleted by the responsible person. However, this is only possible if the personal data concerning him/her is no longer necessary, is processed unlawfully or if his/her consent to this has been revoked.
- d) Right to limit processing The right to limit processing includes the possibility for the data subject to prevent further processing of the personal data concerning him/her for the time being. A restriction occurs mainly in the examination phase of the data subject's exercise of other rights.
- e) Right to data transferability The right to data transferability implies the possibility for the data subject to obtain from the data controller the personal data concerning him/her in a common machine-readable format, with the aim of having them transferred to another data controller, if necessary.
- f) Right to object The right of objection includes the possibility for data subjects to object, in a specific situation, to the further processing of their personal data, insofar as this is justified by the performance of public tasks or by public or private interests.
In case of a request for information, please send your request to the following e-mail address: Our data protection coordinator will deal with your request accordingly:
If you believe that the processing of your data violates data protection law or your data protection rights have otherwise been violated in any way, you can complain to the supervisory authority. In Switzerland, this is the data protection authority.
Duration of storage and retention periods
We store your data for as long as this is necessary to provide our service and the associated services or we have a justified interest in further storage. In all other cases, we delete your personal data, with the exception of data that we must continue to store in order to fulfil legal obligations (e.g. obligations to retain data). This service uses Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL), which transmits data in encrypted form. In any case, please make sure that you access the web pages of our service via https.
Within the scope of our contractual services with our customers, we process personal data. These include conceptual and strategic consulting, campaign planning, software and design development/consulting or maintenance, implementation of campaigns and processes/handling, server administration, data analysis/consulting services and training services. We process the following types of data: contact data (e-mail), content data (surveys, quizzes, interactions on videos), usage and metadata (as part of the evaluation and performance measurement of marketing measures).
As a matter of principle, we do not process special categories of personal data, unless they are part of a commissioned processing. Those affected include our customers, interested parties and their customers, users, website visitors or employees as well as third parties. The purpose of processing is to provide contractual services. We process data which are necessary for the justification and fulfilment of the contractual services and point out the necessity of their disclosure. Disclosure to external parties does not take place unless this is done within the scope of an order.
When processing the data provided to us within the scope of an order, we act in accordance with the instructions of the client and the legal requirements of order processing in accordance with Art. 28 DSGVO and do not process the data for any other purposes than those specified in the order. Data will be deleted after expiry of statutory warranty and comparable obligations. The necessity of storing the data is reviewed every three years; in the case of legal archiving obligations, the deletion is carried out after expiry (7 years 1 month, in accordance with § 132 para. 1 BAO). In the case of data that has been disclosed to us by the client within the scope of an order, we delete the data in accordance with the requirements of the order, in principle after the end of the order.
In accordance with the principles of data avoidance and data economy, we store personal data only as long as it is necessary or required by law. If the purpose of the collected information ceases to apply or the storage period ends, we block or delete the data.